MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 26.05.2018, 17:42

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 18.01.2018, 09:08 
Olympiareiftipper

CLEVELAND -- A long, rainy night made Mike Aviles silly -- and slippery. Aviles led a charge of Indians players who did several headfirst slides across the tarp before Tuesday nights game between Arizona and Cleveland was postponed after a rain delay of 3 hours, 40 minutes that began in the top of the fourth inning. Aviles, along with teammates Jason Kipnis and Lonnie Chisenhall, emerged from the dugout and entertained the couple of hundred fans who waited until 11:37 p.m. to finally found out the game would not be re-started. "It may or not have been mine," Aviles said when asked whose idea it was to start the tarp slide. "When you get to a point where its 11 oclock or 11:30 and youre going to play or not play, you get real restless. I was getting restless. Its not good for a person with my energy to sit around with nothing to do." The game will be played as part of a traditional doubleheader on Wednesday starting at 4:05 p.m. The Indians led 1-0 when the delay began at 7:57 p.m. The tarp was pulled off the field around 11 p.m. with the plan of starting about a half hour later, but a heavy storm hit again and the game was quickly called. Aviles said he asked permission from Indians manager Terry Francona whether they could slide on the tarp. "He didnt really say no, but he didnt really say yes," Aviles said. "I didnt hear no. It was like a maybe. Youve got to read between the lines." TRAINERS ROOM Diamondbacks: SS Chris Owings (left shoulder strain) is scheduled to take batting practice Sunday against LHP Matt Reynolds (left elbow) at the teams training facility in Scottsdale, Arizona. Owings has been on the 15-day disabled list since June 26, while Reynolds is on the 60-day DL after undergoing Tommy John surgery Sept. 24. Indians: DH Nick Swisher could be facing surgery on his right knee. He was examined by a team physician Monday and is getting a second opinion before a decision is reached. ... OF David Murphy will miss four to five weeks with a strained right oblique muscle. UP NEXT Diamondbacks: LHP Andrew Chafin, who played at Kent State, will make his major league debut in the first game. LHP Vidal Nuno (0-3), drafted in the 48th round by the Indians in 2009, starts for Arizona in Game 2. Indians: RHP Trevor Bauer (4-7) made his big league debut with Arizona in 2012, going 1-2 with 6.06 ERA in four starts before being dealt to Cleveland in a three-team trade following the season. RHP Josh Tomlin (5-8) will start the second game. NO HARD FEELINGS Diamondbacks C Miguel Montero and Bauer disagreed on pitch selection at times as teammates in Arizona two years ago. Montero now believes both could have handled the situation better. "He felt like I wasnt calling the right game for him, which was probably the case because Im not perfect," Montero said. "We all knew he had the potential to be a very good pitcher." IN THIS TO WIN With Murphy, Swisher and Bourn on the DL, Francona has had to improvise. Zach Walters and Tyler Holt, both called up Sunday, were in Tuesdays lineup. "We put up a lineup and we expect to win," he said. "The expectations are whoevers in the lineup that night will help us win." Anthony Zettel Jersey . Louis Cardinals for the National League Wild Card, are in the drivers seat as they open the final series of the regular season, but they face a large task in the form of the Philadelphia Phillies. Eric Ebron Jersey . Rinne had surgery on his left hip May 9 and recovered in time to start the season. He then had arthroscopic surgery on Oct. 24 because of a bacterial infection in his hip. http://www.lionsfanspro.com/Black-Akeem ... ml?cat=924. New Zealand brushed aside England 26-7 to win the event and reclaim top spot in the overall standings. The All Blacks, the defending World Series champions, won their third tournament this season in style, running four tries past England to claim their 11th Cup championship in Hong Kong and first since 2011. Paul Worrilow Jersey . THE MICHAEL JORDAN FLU GAME First this famous basketball moment. The story goes like this. “Game 5, known as "The Flu Game", was one of Michael Jordans most memorable. Glover Quin Jersey . On Thursday theyll learn even more. Despite the cloud of uncertainty that has followed them around from the moment general manager Masai Ujiri was brought in to put his stamp on the franchise, the Raptors have surpassed all pre-season expectations.MONTREAL -- It looks like coach Michel Therrien has earned a new contract with the Montreal Canadiens. General manager Marc Bergevin would not confirm the move, but when asked Saturday if he had made a decision on his coach he said "yes." That came a few minutes after heaping lavish praise on the 50-year-old Therrien, who Bergevin hired when he was named GM ahead of last season. It was not a popular move at the time. Therrien had guided a middling Canadiens team in the early 2000s as a rookie head coach. But he is coming off a 100-point season and has the team in the NHL Eastern Conference final for the first time since 2010. "When youre in my position, you make decisions sometimes that are not going to be popular," said Bergevin, who met with the media ahead of Game 1 of the conference final. "I cant make decisions to make people happy. "Michel Therriens a good coach today and he was six months ago and he was a good coach when we lost five in a row. Michel and I have a good (relationship). We talk a lot. We share ideas." "Am I shocked with where we are today with way he handles the team? No. But hes a really good coach and hes proving it now." Bergevin was surprised wwhen told that his former teammate and boyhood friend Mario Lemieux, owner of the Pittsburgh Penguins, had said after GM Ray Shero was fired Friday that he hoped to use the Canadiens as a model for rebuilding his team.dddddddddddd. "Not only is he my friend, hes one of the greatest players ever to play the game," said Bergevin, a Montreal native who grew up a little more than a kilometre from the Bell Centre. "I didnt know about that. "Being a GM is tough. Youre hired to be fired. One day it will be my turn. Ray did a really good job. It didnt work out and they made a decision. "I dont have a magic recipe. Im not a genius. We have things we believe in. At times well make mistakes. No-one bats .1000, but as a group we jell well and were getting results. But say thanks (to) Mario anyway." Bergevin would not be drawn into the debate over Boston forward Milan Lucics threats toward two Canadiens during the handshake after Montreals Game 7 win on Wednesday night. "Hockey is an emotional game,"he said. "Honestly, I have a lot of respect for the Boston Bruins. (President) Cam Neely and (GM) Peter Chiarelli are good hockey men. Its a good organization." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00